Just before 130pm on Monday, the 0502 Fire Box was transmitted for the reported house fire at 677 Bourbon Street. Deputy Chief 5 was first on scene and reported nothing showing from the two story duplex. As remaining SHCo crews were arriving, command advised the homeowner had been using a torch in an attempt to thaw frozen pipes. Crews extinguished a small amount of fire and opened up to check for extension. Crews returned to service within an hour. As a reminder, using a torch to thaw pipes is extremely dangerous & should be avoided, as you run the risk of igniting objects surrounding the pipes.
SHCo personnel on scene – 41
SHCo standby personnel – 13